In order to participate in the TechSoup South Africa Programme, South African non-profit organisations are required to meet both the general eligibility criteria outlined below and those required by individual Donating Partners.
Eligible organisations will need to provide one or more of the following:
- Public Benefit Organisations (PBOs) as approved by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) Tax Exemption Unit pursuant to Section 30 of the Income Tax Act, 1962, as amended. PBOs will need to send us a copy of SARS letter.
- NonProfit Organisations (NPOs) registered on the Register of NPOs granted by the NPO Directorate pursuant to the Nonprofit Organizations Act, 1997 (NPO Act). NPOs will need to send us a copy of the certificate.
- NonProfit Companies (NPC) registered with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission pursuant to the Companies Act, 2008, as amended. NPC will need send a copy of the certificate.
- Trusts registered with the Master of the Supreme Court pursuant to the Trust Property Control Act 57 of 1988, and operating on a nonprofit basis for the public benefit. Trusts will need to send us a copy of the Deeds of Trust documentation.
- Organisations must be prepared, upon request, to submit additional documentation to TechSoup South Africa including their mission and vision, approximate annual operating budget, organisation's email address, etc.
View the individual Donating Partners eligibility criteria: