1. Thank you for taking the time to review our Terms and Conditions. At times, TechSoup South Africa will collect certain personal information about customers and visitors to websites hosted by us. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when you sign a contract for service with us, or use our website for a transaction or subscription service. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website or those websites hosted by us, and stored for use in our system.
2. The purpose of this document is to explain to customers what types of information we will collect and how that information is used. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure network integrity and that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information about customers. Except where the law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data.
3. TechSoup South Africa respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. TechSoup South Africa collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
Use of Personal Data
5. TechSoup South Africa may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, TechSoup South Africa will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representative to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
6. TechSoup South Africa may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. TechSoup South Africa may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
8. Any information TechSoup South Africa collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within TechSoup South Africa or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site TechSoup South Africa may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. TechSoup South Africa cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. TechSoup South Africa will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor. TechSoup South Africa undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
12. TechSoup South Africa reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. TechSoup South Africa further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. TechSoup South Africa reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
15. TechSoup South Africa reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
TechSoup Global is an equal opportunity organisation and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of the above grounds in order to receive resources from TechSoup. External evidence, such as negative publicity or social media, that reveals such discrimination, hate speech, or disrespectful or bullying behavior, as determined by TechSoup in its sole discretion, may be taken into consideration. TechSoup reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. Organisations will also be subject to eligibility requirements from donors who may require agreement to their own anti-discrimination policies.